Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 01 May 2016
Today Tonight and Monday
Wind northwest 15 knots becoming variable 10 to 15 this morning.
A few flurries beginning this afternoon and ending late overnight. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Temperatures minus 7 to zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 April 2016 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland 4915N 5330W to 4920N 5140W to
5055N 4850W to 5520N 5140W to 5625N 5615W to 5755N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice. Strong
ice pressure today easing Sunday morning.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 30 April 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4644N 5305W to 4330N 4945W to 4330N 4745W to 4515N 4115W to 4630N
4030W to 4845N 4200W to 5000N 4300W to 5300N 4730W to 5600N 4900W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5119N 5759W to Newfoundland near 5042N 5723W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 April 2016
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 1 May 2016 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary trough located south
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located over Quebec.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Monday ridge located over western Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 AM NDT 1 May 2016 Marine interests are advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for the North Labrador Coast.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Are you and your family ready to face an emergency?
Know the risks, make a plan and get a kit!
Plan. Prepare. BE AWARE - Emergency Preparedness Week
Get timely local #weather alerts directly to your Twitter feed.
Alberta Emergency Alert: Stop. Listen. Respond Follow us on Twitter: @AB_EmergAlert
Download the Alberta Emergency Alert mobile application at www.emergencyalert.alberta.ca or text ALBERTA to 965965
- Date modified: