Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 AM NST 13 February 2016
Today Tonight and Sunday
Wind west 25 knots with gusts to 35 along the coast. Wind diminishing to southwest 15 to 20 this evening and to southwest 10 to 15 near noon Sunday.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray ending near noon Sunday.
Temperatures minus 25 to minus 20.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 12 February 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5305W to 4810N 4955W
to 5145N 5010W to 5500N 5145W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 12 February 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 12 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5300W to 4415N 4915W to 4415N 4715W to 4700N 4500W to 4745N
4515W to 5300N 4915W to 5700N 5400W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 12 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5041N 5918W to Newfoundland near 4952N 5749W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 09:30 AM NST 13 February 2016
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 13 February 2016 Today Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 a.m. NST today low 990 mb located near the North Labrador
By 9:30 a.m. NST Sunday low 990 mb located over northern Labrador.
At 4:00 p.m. NST today low 986 mb located south of Newfoundland.
By 4:00 p.m. NST Sunday intensifying low 966 mb located east of
At 9:30 a.m. NST today trough from low located on a line east-west
over Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Sunday trough from low located from Labrador to
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:23 AM NST 13 February 2016 A low pressure system located near the North Labrador Coast will
slowly drift westward throughout the forecast period. A trough of low
pressure currently extending eastward from this low will rotate
northwestward to lie northwest of the Labrador Sea by Sunday morning.
Strong to gale force easterlies are expected north of the low and
trough while strong to gale force southwesterlies are forecast south
of the low and trough.
In addition, a second low pressure system will pass southeast of the
East Labrador Sea late in the day on Sunday. Strong to gale force
northeasterlies will develop late on Sunday over the East Labrador
Sea north of this system.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half and the East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters except the East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea - northern half
- East Labrador Sea - southern half
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: