Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NST 04 March 2015
Tonight and Thursday
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to northwest 20 near noon Thursday and to northwest 30 Thursday evening.
A few flurries. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray beginning near noon Thursday.
Temperatures minus 22 to minus 14.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 4 March 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4710N 5250W to 4735N 4700W
to 5110N 4805W to 5505N 5215W to 5645N 5600W to 5800N 5700W then
northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 4 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4638N 5308W to 4715N 4700W to 5000N 4600W to 5100N 4600W to 5200N
4645W to 6000N 5730W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5831W to Newfoundland near 5033N 5719W.
Iceberg Count10 to 25 icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 9:30 PM NST 04 March 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 4 March 2015 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight departing low 961 mb located southeast
At 4:00 a.m. NST Thursday trough located on a line east-west over
central Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 p.m. NST Thursday intensifying trough located on a line
east-west over the northern South Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:27 PM NST 4 March 2015 A trough of low pressure will develop over the Central Labrador Sea
early Thursday and slowly drift southward through the day. Strong to
gale force northwesterly winds will develop over the Labrador Sea
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
South Labrador Sea and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- East Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: