Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 06 May 2015
Tonight and Thursday
Wind west 25 to 30 knots diminishing to west 15 to 20 early this evening and to light early Thursday morning. Wind increasing to north 20 Thursday evening.
Chance of flurries.
Temperatures minus 1 falling to minus 6 overnight then rising to minus 1 Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 6 May 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland 4830N 5305W to 4830N 5100W to
5300N 5300W to 5330N 5130W to 5500N 5200W to 5700N 5730W to 5800N
5730W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
7 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9
plus tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice near the
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 6 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4721N 5443W to 4545N 5415W to 4145N 5030W to 4144N 4845W to 4600N
4200W to 4800N 4200W to 5300N 4500W to 6000N 5630W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 May estimated from Quebec near
5014N 6000W to Newfoundland near 4934N 5755W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 6 May 2015 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today low 989 mb located over the South Labrador
By 9:00 p.m. NDT tonight departing low 1003 mb located over the
Northwest Labrador Sea.
At 9:00 a.m. NDT Thursday trough located southeast of the Marine
By 9:00 p.m. NDT Thursday trough located over Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 PM NDT 6 May 2015 An intense low pressure system over the South Labrador Sea will drift
slowly northward today. Strong to gale force winds associated with
the low will gradually diminish as the low moves away and weakens.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
North Labrador Coast..South Labrador Sea..Northwest Labrador Sea -
Southwestern half..And East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for the North Labrador Coast.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea - northern half
- East Labrador Sea - southern half
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northeastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southwestern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: