Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 PM NST 03 December 2016
Tonight and Sunday
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots increasing to northwest 25 near midnight.
Flurries. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray along the coast tonight and Sunday.
Temperatures minus 8 to minus 2.
Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 3 December 2016 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5215N 5540W to 5220N
5535W to 5335N 5540W to 5430N 5645W to 5535N 5940W to Labrador near
5745N 6145W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5900N 6310W to 5910N
6305W to 6020N 6410W to 6035N 6235W then northeastward. Sea ice west
and north of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 3 tenths of new ice in some bays.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:59 PM EST 3 December 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Dec estimated from Newfoundland near
5130N 5530W to 5200N 5200W to 5500N 5200W to 6000N 6000W to 6100N
5400W to 5700N 5000W then eastward.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Dec estimated from Quebec near
5116N 5818W to Newfoundland near 5042N 5718W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 4:00 PM NST 03 December 2016
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 3 December 2016 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. NST today quasi-stationary ridge located over northern
At 4:00 p.m. NST today approaching low 978 mb located southeast
of the East Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:41 PM NST 3 December 2016 A low pressure system will continue approaching the East Labrador Sea
from the southeast tonight and Sunday. Gale force northerlies will
develop ahead of this system tonight over the southeastern half of
the East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for the
East Labrador Sea - southeastern half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Mid Labrador Coast and North Labrador Coast.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- East Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: