Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 30 April 2016
Today Tonight and Sunday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 35 knots diminishing to northwest 25 near noon and to northwest 15 near midnight. Wind diminishing to light Sunday morning.
A few flurries ending this afternoon. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Temperatures zero falling to minus 5 near midnight then rising to zero Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 April 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland 4840N 5300W to 4920N 5140W to
5140N 4950W to 5520N 5215W to 5605N 5520W to 5800N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
9 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice. Strong ice
pressure today continuing Saturday.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 29 April 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4644N 5305W to 4345N 4945W to 4345N 4745W to 4515N 4200W to 4630N
4045W to 4845N 4200W to 5000N 4300W to 5300N 4730W to 5600N 4900W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5119N 5759W to Newfoundland near 5042N 5723W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 04:00 AM NDT 30 April 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 April 2016
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 30 April 2016 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 984 mb located over Belle Isle Bank.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Sunday low 996 mb located southeast of Greenland.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 AM NDT 30 April 2016 A low pressure system over the Belle Isle Bank will move eastward
away from the district today. Strong to gale force northeast to
northwesterlies will diminish today as the low departs.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for Mid
Labrador Coast and North Labrador Coast.
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for the North Labrador Coast.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: