East Labrador Sea - northwestern half
Issued 09:30 AM NST 05 March 2015
Today Tonight and Friday
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to northeast 15 to 20 near noon then backing to northwest 20 this evening. Wind increasing to northwest 30 late overnight.
Flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Temperatures minus 12 to minus 6.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 5 March 2015 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4710N 5250W to 4700N 4620W
to 5155N 4810W to 5645N 5600W to 5800N 5700W then northward. Sea ice
north and west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 4 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4638N 5308W to 4715N 4700W to 5000N 4600W to 5100N 4600W to 5200N
4645W to 6000N 5730W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5831W to Newfoundland near 5033N 5719W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
East Labrador Sea - northwestern halfIssued 09:30 AM NST 05 March 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 5 March 2015 Today Tonight and Friday At 9:30 a.m. NST today trough located on a line east-west over
central Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Friday intensifying trough located on a line
east-west over the South Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 a.m. NST today quasi-stationary low 965 mb located southeast
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:28 AM NST 5 March 2015 A trough of low pressure over the Central Labrador Sea will slowly
drift southeastward across the South Labrador Sea through the
forecast period. Gale to storm force northwesterlies will develop
over most waters today as this trough intensifies.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
the Mid Labrador Coast and the South Labrador Sea. Gale warnings are
in effect for all remaining waters except Lake Melville and the East
Labrador Sea - northwestern half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- East Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: