East Labrador Sea - southern half
Issued 04:00 PM NST 27 November 2015
Tonight and Saturday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind west 50 knots diminishing to northwest 35 to 45 this evening and to northwest 25 to 35 after midnight.
Flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures plus 2 falling to minus 3 this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 27 November 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5345N 5700W to Labrador
near 5430N 5725W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5505N 5920W to 5600N
6035W to 5750N 6140W to Labrador near 6015N 6420W. Sea ice west of
the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 27 November 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Nov estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5230N 5545W to 5230N 5430W to 5500N 5400W to 6000N 6000W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
East Labrador Sea - southern halfIssued 4:00 PM NST 27 November 2015
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 27 November 2015 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. NST today low 987 mb located south of Greenland.
By 9:30 p.m. NST tonight departing low 975 mb located east of
At 4:00 p.m. NST today trough located on a line east-west over
the East Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Saturday trough located southeast of Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 p.m. NST today building ridge located on a line east-west
By 4:00 p.m. NST Saturday ridge located from the Strait of Belle
Isle to the Maritimes.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:55 PM NST 27 November 2015 A trough of low pressure over the East Labrador Sea will slowly slide
southeastward tonight. Gale to storm force westerlies south of the
trough will gradually diminish this evening. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies will persist over northern and eastern waters tonight
and Saturday behind the trough.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea - southern half. Gale warnings are in effect for
North Labrador Coast, South Labrador Sea, Northwest Labrador Sea and
East Labrador Sea - northern half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all waters except Lake Melville and East Labrador Sea -
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea - northern half
- East Labrador Sea - southern half
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: