East Labrador Sea - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM NST 13 February 2016
Tonight and Sunday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind east 25 to 35 knots diminishing to south 15 to 20 after midnight and to light Sunday morning. Wind increasing to north 15 to 20 near noon Sunday then veering to northeast 25 Sunday evening.
Snow. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures minus 2 to plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 1:55 PM EST 13 February 2016 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5305W to 4805N 4950W
to 5325N 5040W to 5520N 5240W to 5630N 5545W to 5800N 5830W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 13 February 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 13 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5259W to 4400N 4915W to 4400N 4745W to 4700N 4500W to 4745N
4515W to 5300N 4915W to 5700N 5400W then eastward.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 13 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5036N 5931W to Newfoundland near 4943N 5753W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
East Labrador Sea - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM NST 13 February 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 13 February 2016 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. NST today low 990 mb located near the North Labrador
By 4:00 p.m. NST Sunday low 990 mb located near Ungava Bay.
At 4:00 p.m. NST today low 986 mb located south of Newfoundland.
By 4:00 p.m. NST Sunday intensifying low 966 mb located east of
At 4:00 p.m. NST today trough from 990 mb low located on a line
east-west over Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Sunday trough from 990 mb low located from Ungava
Bay to Davis Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 PM NST 13 February 2016 A low pressure system located near the North Labrador Coast will
slowly drift westward throughout the forecast period. A trough of low
pressure currently extending eastward from this low will shift
northwestward to lie northwest of the Labrador Sea by Sunday morning.
Strong to gale force easterlies are expected north of the low and
trough while strong to gale force southwesterlies are forecast south
of the low and trough.
In addition, a second low pressure system will pass southeast of the
East Labrador Sea late in the day on Sunday. Strong to gale force
northerlies will develop late on Sunday over the East Labrador Sea
north of this system.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half and the East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters except the East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea - northern half
- East Labrador Sea - southern half
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: