East Labrador Sea - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM NST 26 November 2015
Tonight and Friday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind east 30 knots backing to north 25 Friday morning then diminishing to north 15 to 20 Friday afternoon. Wind increasing to northwest 45 Friday evening.
Flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures near minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 26 November 2015 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5345N 5700W to Labrador
near 5430N 5725W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5505N 5920W to 5600N
6035W to 5750N 6140W to Labrador near 6015N 6420W. Sea ice west of
the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 26 November 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Nov estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5230N 5545W to 5230N 5430W to 5500N 5430W to 6000N 6000W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
East Labrador Sea - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM NST 26 November 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 26 November 2015 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight departing ridge located east of the East
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight intensifying low 996 mb located over the
Northwest Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 p.m. NST Friday low 986 mb located off Greenland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM NST 26 November 2015 An intensifying low pressure system over the Northwest Labrador Sea
will track eastward to lie off the southern tip of Greenland by
Friday afternoon. Strong to gale force south to southwesterlies ahead
of the low will increase to gale to storm force northwesterlies in
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Northwest Labrador Sea and East Labrador Sea - southern half.
Gale warnings are in effect for all remaining waters.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Mid Labrador Coast, North Labrador Coast, South
Labrador Sea, and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea - northern half
- East Labrador Sea - southern half
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: