East Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 AM NST 29 January 2015
Today Tonight and Friday
Wind southeast 15 knots increasing to southeast 25 this morning and to northwest 30 this evening. Wind diminishing to northwest 20 late overnight and to variable 10 to 15 Friday morning. Wind increasing to south 25 Friday afternoon.
Flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray over northern sections overnight and Friday morning.
Temperatures minus 3 to plus 2 falling to minus 9 to minus 4 Friday morning then rising to minus 3 to plus 1 Friday afternoon.
East Labrador Sea - northern half
East Labrador Sea - southern half
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 28 January 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 4930N 5305W to 5035N 5000W to 5400N 5055W to 5655N 5815W to 5800N 5800W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 28 January 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Jan estimated from Newfoundland near 4810N 5255W to 5000N 4800W to 5200N 4800W to 6000N 5800W. Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast near 5200N 5600W to Newfoundland near 5130N 5600W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
East Labrador SeaIssued 04:00 AM NST 29 January 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 29 January 2015 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. NST today ridge located from Labrador to the East
By 4:00 a.m. NST Friday ridge located from Labrador to Belle
At 4:00 a.m. NST today trough located over Newfoundland.
By 4:00 p.m. NST today departing low 1004 mb located northeast of
Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 AM NST 29 January 2015 A trough of low pressure over Newfoundland will continue to move
northeastward to lie east of the South Labrador Sea by this
afternoon. Strong to gale force northwesterlies will develop over the
southeastern half of the South Labrador Sea this afternoon in its
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for the
South Labrador Sea - southeastern half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: