East Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 28 April 2017
Tonight and Saturday
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 late overnight then increasing to southeast 15 to 20 Saturday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 25 Saturday afternoon.
Periods of snow beginning Saturday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures minus 5 to zero rising to minus 1 to plus 2 Saturday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 April 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4745N 5245W to 4735N 5135W
to 5045N 5135W to 5155N 4935W to 5800N 5630W then northeastward. Sea
ice north and west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 28 April 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4740N 5719W to 4400N 5700W to 4245N 5500W to 4230N 4900W to 4545N
4445W to 5000N 4600W to 5300N 4900W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Apr estimated from Newfoundland
near 4737N 5916W to Quebec near 5015N 6314W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 28 April 2017 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located over western Labrador.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Saturday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Saturday ridge located east of the East Labrador
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary low 976 mb located
southeast of Greenland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:14 PM NDT 28 April 2017 Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for the Northwest Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northeastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southwestern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: