East Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 PM NST 08 December 2016
Tonight and Friday
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 late overnight except southeast 25 over northeastern sections Friday afternoon and evening.
Flurries or showers. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 8 December 2016 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5335N 5600W to 5430N 5645W to
5545N 6000W to 5755N 6120W to 6005N 6345W to 6000N 6300W to 5935N
6155W then northward. Sea ice west and north of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 8 December 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 9 Dec estimated from Newfoundland near
5037N 5610W to 5100N 5200W to 5500N 5200W to 6000N 6000W to 6100N
5400W to 5700N 5000W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 9 Dec estimated from Quebec near
5030N 5932W to 4945N 5855W to Newfoundland near 4945N 5750W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 8 December 2016 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight low 995 mb located over the East Labrador
By 4:00 p.m. NST Friday low 991 mb located northeast of Nain.
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight ridge located from Labrador Coast to the
By 4:00 p.m. NST Friday ridge located over central Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:13 PM NST 8 December 2016 A low pressure system over the East Labrador Sea will slowly drift
southwestward to lie northeast of Nain by Friday afternoon.
Gale force northerlies will develop northwest of the lows track late
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
North Labrador Coast and Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south, North
Labrador Coast and the Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: