East Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 AM NST 01 February 2015
Today Tonight and Monday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind east 30 knots increasing to east 40 this afternoon then diminishing to southeast 30 late overnight. Wind diminishing to south 20 Monday afternoon then increasing to west 35 Monday evening.
Periods of snow or rain. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Temperatures near zero.
East Labrador Sea - northwestern half
East Labrador Sea - southeastern half
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 31 January 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 5135N 5030W to 5505N 5240W to 5625N 5625W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 31 January 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 31 Jan estimated from Newfoundland near 4740N 5245W to 5045N 4715W to 5200N 4715W to 6000N 5800W. Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 31 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast near 5157N 5556W to Newfoundland near 5135N 5550W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
East Labrador SeaIssued 04:00 AM NST 01 February 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 1 February 2015 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. NST today deepening low 989 mb located over the
northern Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Monday low 973 mb located over the Northwest
At 4:00 a.m. NST today quasi-stationary trough located off the
Mid Labrador Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 AM NST 1 February 2015 A low pressure over the Gulf of St. Lawrence will cross Southeastern
Labrador later today then move into the Labrador Sea tonight. Strong
to gale force easterlies will develop ahead of the low then shift to
west to northwesterlies in its wake. Gale force northwesterlies will
persist over the North Labrador Coast throughout the forecast period.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters except the East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: