East Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 20 August 2017
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 20 knots except northeast 20 over northern sections. Wind becoming southeast 25 this evening except southeast 35 over eastern sections Monday.
Rain and fog patches.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 15 July 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 20 August 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4643N 5311W to 4700N 5100W to 5100N 4830W to 5200N 4845W to 5300N
4930W to 5700N 5400W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Aug estimated from Quebec near
5125N 5757W to Newfoundland near 5049N 5654W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
East Labrador SeaIssued 4:00 PM NDT 20 August 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 20 August 2017 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Northwest Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today low 994 mb located over northern Quebec.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Monday low 991 mb located over the southeastern
Northwest Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 PM NDT 20 August 2017 A low pressure system over Northern Quebec will move eastward tonight
to cross the northern marine district on Monday. Strong to gale force
southeasterlies ahead of the low will shift to strong to gale force
northeast to northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
North Labrador Coast, Northwest Labrador Sea, and East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: