East Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 28 May 2015
Tonight and Friday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 35 to 45 knots diminishing to northwest 25 late overnight then increasing to west 35 Friday afternoon.
Flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures minus 1 to plus 4.
East Labrador Sea - northern half
East Labrador Sea - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 May 2015 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5145N 5615W to
Newfoundland near 5130N 5610W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5025N 5620W to
5025N 5320W to 5440N 5210W to 5630N 5735W to 5720N 5655W to 5800N
5800W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 28 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4652N 5555W to 4100N 5130W to 4100N 5000W to 4600N 3730W to 4715N
3730W to 5515N 4800W to 6000N 5830W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 May estimated from Quebec near
5017N 6044W to Newfoundland near 4903N 5821W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
East Labrador SeaIssued 9:30 PM NDT 28 May 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 28 May 2015 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight intensifying low 991 mb located east of
the East Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Friday quasi-stationary low 986 mb located
southeast of Greenland.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight high located over Hudson Bay.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Friday ridge located from Labrador to Funk
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:23 PM NDT 28 May 2015 An intensifying low pressure system just east of the East Labrador
Sea will move to lie southeast of Greenland by Friday afternoon.
Strong to gale force northwesterlies will develop or persist in the
wake of the low throughout the forecast period.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek, South Labrador Sea, Northwest
Labrador Sea - southern half and the East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: