East Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 21 August 2017
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 35 knots except north 35 over northwestern sections. Wind becoming northwest 35 this evening except variable 15 over eastern sections. Wind diminishing to northwest 30 late overnight. Wind northwest 30 Tuesday.
Rain and fog patches ending late overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 15 July 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 August 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4639N 5309W to 4645N 5100W to 5100N 4830W to 5200N 4845W to 5300N
4930W to 5700N 5400W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Aug estimated from Newfoundland
near 5042N 5714W to Quebec near 5120N 5806W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
East Labrador SeaIssued 4:00 PM NDT 21 August 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 21 August 2017 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today low 991 mb located over the East Labrador
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday low 993 mb located east of Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today departing trough from low located north of
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:42 PM NDT 21 August 2017 A low pressure system entering the East Labrador Sea marine region at
forecast time will move to lie east of the district overnight. Strong
to gale force southeasterlies ahead of the low will shift to strong
to gale force northeast to northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
North Labrador Coast, Northwest Labrador Sea, and East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: