East Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 AM NST 07 December 2016
Today Tonight and Thursday
Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 this evening.
Flurries or showers. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 6 December 2016 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5335N 5600W to 5430N
5645W to 5545N 6000W to 5755N 6120W to 6025N 6410W to 6000N 6300W to
6025N 6230W then northward. Sea ice west and north of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 6 December 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 Dec estimated from Newfoundland near
5100N 5551W to 5145N 5200W to 5500N 5200W to 6000N 6000W to 6100N
5400W to 5700N 5000W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 Dec estimated from Quebec near
5047N 5900W to 5015N 5835W to Newfoundland near 5023N 5726W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 7 December 2016 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. NST today weakening low 965 mb located east of Belle
By 4:00 a.m. NST Thursday weakening low 980 mb located east of
Belle Isle Bank.
At 4:00 a.m. NST today ridge located west of Labrador.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Thursday ridge located on a line north-south over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:53 AM NST 7 December 2016 An intense low pressure system east of Belle Isle Bank will move very
slowly eastward and weaken over the next couple of days. Gale force
northwesterlies over most waters will gradually diminish as the low
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
South Labrador Coast, Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south, and
South Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador coast, and the Northwest Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: