East Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 AM NST 11 February 2016
Today Tonight and Friday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 25 knots increasing to east 35 this afternoon except southwest 15 to 20 over southern sections Friday.
Flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures minus 4 to plus 1 rising to minus 2 to plus 2 Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 11 February 2016 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5305W to 4810N 4955W
to 5145N 5010W to 5500N 5145W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N 5800W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 10 February 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 10 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5300W to 4445N 4845W to 4445N 4715W to 4745N 4400W to 4845N
4400W to 5500N 5100W to 6000N 5730W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 10 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5046N 5900W to Newfoundland near 5003N 5742W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
East Labrador SeaIssued 09:30 AM NST 11 February 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 11 February 2016 Today Tonight and Friday At 9:30 a.m. NST today intensifying trough located on a line
east-west over northern Belle Isle Bank.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Friday low 980 mb located over the South Labrador
At 9:30 a.m. NST today ridge located on a line north-south over
the North Labrador Coast.
By 4:00 p.m. NST today dissipating ridge located on a line
north-south over Baffin Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:18 AM NST 11 February 2016 A trough of low pressure tracking northward from the Belle Isle Bank
is expected to intensify into a low pressure system over the South
Labrador Sea tonight. Gale to storm force winds are expected to
develop around the low tonight and Friday.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
the North Labrador Coast. Gale warnings are in effect for all
remaining waters except Lake Melville, South Labrador Coast and South
Labrador Sea - southeastern half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters except the South Labrador Coast and the
East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: