East Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 26 September 2017
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 35 knots diminishing to northwest 25 Wednesday afternoon except variable 10 to 15 over eastern sections.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 15 July 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 26 September 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Sep estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5300N 5550W to 5300N 4900W to 5500N 5200W to 5800N 5700W to
6100N 5700W to 5800N 5100W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
East Labrador SeaIssued 4:00 PM NDT 26 September 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 26 September 2017 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today low 987 mb located over southern Greenland.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Wednesday departing low 991 mb located southeast
of Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today ridge located over western Labrador.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Wednesday ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over central Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 PM NDT 26 September 2017 A low pressure system over Southern Greenland will slowly move to lie
east of the Labrador Sea by Wednesday morning. Gale force
northwesterly winds will continue to spread west throughout the
Labrador Sea tonight as the low approaches.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Barrow - eastern half
- Barrow - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Igloolik - northern half
- Igloolik - southern half
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: