Issued 05:30 AM EDT 07 October 2015
Today Tonight and Thursday
Wind northwest 20 knots backing to southwest 15 early this morning then diminishing to light Thursday afternoon.
Chance of flurries changing to a few flurries early this evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray ending this morning.
Temperatures near minus 5.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 7 October 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7155N 12545W to
7100N 12655W to 7030N 13000W to 7115N 14100W. Sea ice north of the
Second ice edge from Yukon Coast near 6935N 13950W to 7010N 13340W
to Tuktoyaktuk Peninsula near 6955N 13125W. Sea ice south of the ice
Third ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7325N 11525W to
Victoria Island near 7315N 11515W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 6940N 10140W to
6920N 10140W to 6915N 10055W to King William Island near 6945N
9815W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Fifth ice edge estimated from King William Island near 6945N 9725W
to Boothia Peninsula near 6950N 9605W. Sea ice north of the ice
Bergy water except 4 tenths of second-year ice including a trace of
multi-year ice in the extreme northwestern section.
Warnings (In effect)
CommitteeIssued 06:09 AM EDT 07 October 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 7 October 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday At 1200 UTC Wednesday low 991 mb located at 73N 97W.
By 0000 UTC Friday weakening low 999 mb located at 69N 97W.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: