West Coast Vancouver Island South
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 29 March 2015
Today Tonight and Monday
Wind southwest 20 to 30 knots diminishing to variable 5 to 15 this morning except southwest 20 near the mouth of Juan de Fuca Strait late this morning. Wind becoming southeast 10 to 15 late this afternoon then increasing to southeast 20 to 30 this evening. Wind diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 Monday afternoon.
Rain changing to a few showers this morning then to rain near midnight and ending Monday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 29 March 2015 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over central Vancouver Island.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT today weakening cold front located over southern
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Monday low located over Cape St. James.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:36 AM PDT 29 March 2015 An approaching low will track north across the offshore waters
tonight and Haida Gwaii on Monday morning before moving into the
BC Interior in the afternoon. Ahead of the low, gale force
southeasterlies will develop over Explorer and central waters tonight
and spread to northern waters overnight. In its wake, the winds shift
to strong to gale force westerlies.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: