West Coast Vancouver Island South
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 25 September 2017
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots diminishing to southeast 5 to 15 late this evening then becoming light early Tuesday morning except north 10 near the mouth of Juan de Fuca Strait Tuesday late in the day.
Periods of rain ending near midnight. Fog patches.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 25 September 2017 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located over Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday quasi-stationary ridge located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 PM PDT 25 September 2017 A low pressure system will move into the Gulf of Alaska tonight.
Strong to gale force southerly winds will develop over Bowie late
this evening and spread towards the Northern Mainland coast by
Early Tuesday morning.
The majority of southern waters will remain under the influence of
A high pressure ridge. Light to moderate winds are forecast to
prevail through the day on Tuesday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: