West Coast Vancouver Island South
Issued 04:00 AM PST 07 February 2016
Today Tonight and Monday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots becoming southeast 25 late overnight.
Periods of rain ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Vancouver Island SouthIssued 09:01 AM PST 07 February 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 7 February 2016 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Monday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 AM PST 7 February 2016 A frontal system will stay on a line northeast-southwest near
Haida Gwaii today. The system will slowly shift northwestward
Tonight and will reach Northern Bowie by Monday morning. It
Will arrive the Gulf of Alaska by Monday afternoon. Associated with
the front, gale to storm force southerly or southeasterly winds will
prevail over most northern and central waters today through Monday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: