West Coast Vancouver Island South
Issued 09:30 PM PST 20 November 2017
Tonight and Tuesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 late overnight and to southeast 35 to 45 early Tuesday morning except southeast 50 northwest of Estevan Point Tuesday morning and afternoon. Wind becoming southerly 25 to 35 late Tuesday afternoon.
Rain beginning early Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Vancouver Island SouthIssued 9:30 PM PST 20 November 2017
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 20 November 2017 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located west of Haida Gwaii.
By 1:00 a.m. PST Tuesday weakening frontal system located on a
line northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located southwest of
By 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday frontal system located on a line east-west
over southern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM PST 20 November 2017 A frontal system currently west of Haida Gwaii will weaken as it
moves over Haida Gwaii tonight. A second frontal system approaching
Explorer from the southwest will move to lie over Southern Bowie by
Gale force southerly winds over northern waters ahead of the first
frontal system will ease through Tuesday morning.
Gale to storm force southeasterly winds will spread to southern
offshore waters Tuesday morning and will spread to central and
northern waters Tuesday afternoon. Winds will ease behind the
Frontal system Tuesday night.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: