West Coast Vancouver Island South
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 24 May 2015
Today Tonight and Monday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 15 to 25 knots except northwest 30 northwest of Estevan Point early this morning and northwest 25 to 35 northwest of Estevan Point today and Monday.
Chance of drizzle this morning. Chance of drizzle overnight and Monday morning. Fog banks dissipating this afternoon. Fog banks forming this evening and dissipating near noon Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Vancouver Island SouthIssued 04:00 AM PDT 24 May 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 24 May 2015 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary trough located on a line
north-south over BC interior.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:44 AM PDT 24 May 2015 A ridge of high pressure over the offshore waters combined with a
trough over BC Interior will continue to give strong northwest winds
to most regions over the next few days. Winds will rise to gale force
regularly off the west coast of Vancouver Island.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: