West Coast Vancouver Island South
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 26 September 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light becoming northerly 5 to 15 knots late this afternoon then becoming light early Wednesday morning except east 10 to 15 near the mouth of Juan de Fuca Strait.
Periods of drizzle late this morning and early this afternoon. Periods of drizzle overnight and Wednesday morning. Fog patches.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 26 September 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday cold front located over Bowie.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:20 AM PDT 26 September 2017 A low pressure system will remain over the Gulf of Alaska and the
associated cold front will slowly move to lie over Bowie on
Wednesday. Winds will rise to strong to gale force southerly winds
over Bowie today and spread towards the Northern Mainland coast
The majority of southern waters will remain under the influence of a
high pressure ridge. Light to moderate winds are forecast to prevail
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: