West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 09:30 PM PST 15 January 2017
Tonight and Monday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 40 to 50 knots becoming southeast 45 to 55 Monday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Vancouver Island NorthIssued 9:30 PM PST 15 January 2017
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 15 January 2017 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Monday weakening frontal system located over
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight trough from low located over western Bowie.
By 1:00 p.m. PST Monday weakening trough from low located near
the Gulf of Alaska.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:11 PM PST 15 January 2017 A frontal system over Haida Gwaii tonight will weaken over Vancouver
Island on Monday afternoon. Gale to storm force southeasterlies to 55
knots will ease slightly as the front passes over the northern and
central waters tonight through Monday morning.
A trailing trough from the low over Western Bowie will weaken as it
approaches the Gulf of Alaska. Gale to storm force southerlies ahead
of the trough will ease on Monday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: