West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 04:00 AM PST 25 November 2015
Today Tonight and Thursday
Wind north 15 to 25 knots except light near the Brooks Peninsula. Wind becoming northeast 15 this morning except light near the Brooks Peninsula. Wind becoming southeast 5 to 15 this afternoon then increasing to southeast 15 to 20 Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 25 November 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday By 4:00 a.m. PST today dissipating trough located over Vancouver
At 4:00 a.m. PST today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over northern Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
At 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday approaching trough located off Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:39 AM PST 25 November 2015 A weakening Arctic outflow pattern will result in easing gale force
northerlies through central coastal inlets and Howe Sound this
morning. A plume of gale force northerlies across Southern Hecate
Strait and Queen Charlotte Sound will also diminish this morning.
The next approaching front will lie just west of the offshore waters
by Thursday afternoon. Ahead of the front, southerly gales will
develop over Northern Bowie early Thursday evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: