West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 23 August 2017
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind westerly 15 knots diminishing to light late Thursday morning.
A few showers beginning early this evening and ending near noon Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 23 August 2017 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening low 1007 mb located over northern
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Thursday dissipating low 1011 mb located over
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over northern Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:58 PM PDT 23 August 2017 A weakening low will reside over Northern Bowie tonight. Strong to
gale force southerlies over Hecate Strait will ease to light winds
later tonight as the low weakens.
Marginal gale force winds can also continue through Juan de Fuca
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: