West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 28 August 2016
Today Tonight and Monday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots except southeast 45 near the headlands. Wind becoming south 25 late this afternoon then backing to southeast 15 to 20 early Monday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Vancouver Island NorthIssued 10:30 AM PDT 28 August 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 28 August 2016 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary low located over Bowie.
By noon PDT today quasi-stationary cold front located over eastern
Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:22 AM PDT 28 August 2016 A quasi-stationary low centre will remain over Bowie region today
through Monday. A cold front to southeast of the low will stall
Over central BC waters near noon. Strong to gale force
southeasterlies ahead of the front will shift to moderate to
Strong southwesterlies in its wake. Strong to gale force
Winds will persist west of Haida Gwaii near the low.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: