West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 28 March 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind southwest 15 knots except southwest 25 near the headlands near noon. Wind becoming southeast 10 to 15 early this evening then becoming variable 5 to 15 late overnight. Wind increasing to northwest 15 to 25 Wednesday morning.
Rain ending this afternoon. Rain beginning near midnight. Mist dissipating late this morning. Visibility as low as 1 mile in mist.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
West Coast Vancouver Island NorthIssued 10:30 AM PDT 28 March 2017
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 28 March 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary frontal system located
on a line northeast-southwest over Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday low located over southern Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday departing low located over BC interior.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:22 AM PDT 28 March 2017 A nearly stationary front over Vancouver Island is producing strong
to gale force southeast winds over the southern waters and the
Central Coast. Winds will drop below gale force this afternoon but
remain strong this evening.
A low will approach the southern waters Wednesday morning and move
across Vancouver Island Wednesday afternoon. Marginal southeast gales
will develop along the western coast of Vancouver Island early on
Wednesday. Southeast gales will redevelop over Northern Strait of
Georgia as well early on Wednesday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: