West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 28 April 2016
Tonight and Friday
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots becoming northwest 15 to 25 late this evening except northwest 30 south of the Brooks Peninsula Friday afternoon and evening.
A few showers ending late this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 28 April 2016 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening cold front located over Hecate
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday building ridge located over Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Friday ridge located from Explorer to Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:35 PM PDT 28 April 2016 A ridge will build over Explorer overnight through Friday. Strong to
gale force northwesterly to westerly winds will develop over southern
waters tonight and Friday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: