West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 05 September 2015
Today Tonight and Sunday
Wind south 20 to 30 knots diminishing to northwest 15 early this morning.
A few showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 5 September 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 2:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located over Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today cold front located over eastern Bowie.
By 2:00 p.m. PDT today cold front located on a line north-south
over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 AM PDT 5 September 2015 A cold front will move eastward across Bowie this morning
Then stall over Haida Gwaii later this morning. The front will
Then weaken near the mainland coast on Sunday.
Winds will rise to strong to gale force southeasterlies over
Dixon Entrance East and Northern Hecate Strait this
Morning and will ease slowly tonight and Sunday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: