West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 04 September 2015
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind light increasing to south 20 to 30 knots late overnight then diminishing to northwest 15 early Saturday morning.
Showers beginning near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 4 September 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Haida Gwaii.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Saturday frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:30 AM PDT 4 September 2015 A trough of low pressure will move eastward across Bowie tonight
Then stall over Haida Gwaii Saturday morning.
Winds will rise to strong to gale force southeasterlies over
Dixon Entrance East and Northern Hecate Strait early Saturday
Morning and will ease slowly Saturday afternoon and night.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: