West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 28 August 2015
Tonight and Saturday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 25 to 35 knots diminishing to west 5 to 15 near midnight except southwest 20 to 30 near Cape St. James. Wind becoming light late overnight then increasing to westerly 15 to 20 Saturday evening.
Rain changing to chance of showers Saturday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern halfIssued 4:00 PM PDT 28 August 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 28 August 2015 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday dissipating frontal system located on
a line north-south over Hecate Strait.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday trough located on a line north-south
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Saturday trough located on a line north-south
over Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:00 PM PDT 28 August 2015 A frontal system over Haida Gwaii will dissipate as it moves toward
the mainland coast Saturday morning. Strong to gale force southerly
winds across northern and central waters and near the headlands of
West Coast Vancouver Island North will persist tonight.
On Saturday, a trough will swing through offshore waters towards the
mainland coast. While only moderate winds may precede the trough,
strong northwest winds will follow behind it.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: