West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 03 December 2016
Today Tonight and Sunday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 30 to 40 knots diminishing to west 15 to 25 Sunday morning.
A few showers. Risk of thunderstorms tonight and Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 03 December 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 3 December 2016 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary low located over the Gulf
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:49 AM PST 3 December 2016 A quasi-stationary area of low pressure will remain near the Gulf Of
Alaska. Gale to storm force westerlies will continue over northern
and central waters during the weekend.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: