Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 30 March 2017
Today Tonight and Friday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 15 to 25 knots diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 this afternoon and to light early this evening. Wind becoming southeast 5 to 15 late overnight.
Rain beginning Friday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Strait of Georgia - south of NanaimoIssued 10:30 AM PDT 30 March 2017
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 30 March 2017 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located over Cape St. James extending
By 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located over Port Hardy extending
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight cold front located over Bowie.
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Friday weakening cold front located over Hecate
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:25 AM PDT 30 March 2017 A ridge over cape St. James extending southwards will result in
strong northwest winds for southern sections of West Vancouver
A cold front will approach the offshore waters today and lie over
Bowie by late this evening. Ahead of the front winds will rise to
gale force southeasterlies up to 45 knots over offshore, northern,
and central waters.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: