Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 03 July 2015
Tonight and Saturday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 15 to 25 knots increasing to northwest 30 this evening then diminishing to northwest 20 early Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Strait of Georgia - south of NanaimoIssued 4:00 PM PDT 03 July 2015
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 3 July 2015 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 PM PDT 3 July 2015 A ridge of high pressure will remain over offshore waters for the
next few days. Consequently, strong to gale force northwesterly winds
will persist west of Vancouver Island, over Southern Explorer, and
through Johnstone Strait. Gale force winds will develop Saturday
afternoon across the central waters as the ridge strengthens.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: