Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
Issued 09:30 PM PST 05 February 2016
Tonight and Saturday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 25 to 35 knots diminishing to westerly 10 to 15 near midnight and to light Saturday morning. Wind becoming southeast 10 to 15 Saturday afternoon.
Chance of showers Saturday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Strait of Georgia - south of NanaimoIssued 9:30 PM PST 05 February 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 5 February 2016 Tonight and Saturday By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing cold front located over the
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight disturbance located west of Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Saturday departing disturbance located over
At 10:30 a.m. PST Saturday frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST Saturday frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over western Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM PST 5 February 2016 A cold front over the Lower Mainland will move to Washington state
tonight. Strong to gale force westerly winds will continue this
evening over parts of the inner south coastal waters behind the
A disturbance west of Haida Gwaii will move eastward tonight and
reach Hecate Strait by early Saturday morning. Strong to gale force
westerlies will develop over parts of the central and northern waters
along the track of the disturbance.
An approaching frontal system will spread gale to storm force
southeasterly winds over central and northern waters late in the day
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: