Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 27 August 2016
Today Tonight and Sunday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 20 to 30 knots diminishing to westerly 10 to 15 near noon and to light this afternoon. Wind increasing to southeast 15 to 20 near midnight.
Chance of showers Sunday late in the day.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Strait of Georgia - south of NanaimoIssued 10:30 AM PDT 27 August 2016
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 27 August 2016 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today weakening ridge located west of the
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low located over the Gulf of Alaska.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday low located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:20 AM PDT 27 August 2016 A ridge of high pressure west of the offshore waters will gradually
weaken today. Strong to gale force northwesterly winds west of
Vancouver Island will gradually ease.
A low over the Northern Gulf of Alaska today will stall over Bowie
early Sunday. A leading front will move to central BC waters
Sunday morning. Strong to gale force southeasterlies ahead of the
front will shift to moderate to strong southwesterlies in its wake.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: