Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 28 April 2016
Tonight and Friday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southeast 5 to 15 knots becoming light early this evening except southwest 25 near Qualicum Beach. Wind becoming northwest 5 to 15 near midnight then increasing to northwest 15 to 25 Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Strait of Georgia - north of NanaimoIssued 4:00 PM PDT 28 April 2016
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 28 April 2016 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening cold front located over Hecate
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday building ridge located over Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Friday ridge located from Explorer to Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:35 PM PDT 28 April 2016 A ridge will build over Explorer overnight through Friday. Strong to
gale force northwesterly to westerly winds will develop over southern
waters tonight and Friday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: