Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 21 August 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind light becoming northwest 10 to 15 knots late this afternoon then diminishing to light early Tuesday morning. Wind becoming southeast 10 to 15 Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 21 August 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over central Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over northern Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located over the offshore
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday cold front located over western Haida
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday low 996 mb located over the Gulf of Alaska.
By 10:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday low 998 mb located west of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:10 AM PDT 21 August 2017 A frontal system will approach the northern waters today and the
associated cold front will reach Haida Gwaii tonight. Moderate to
strong southwesterlies over most northern and central waters will
back to strong to gale force southeasterlies ahead of this system.
Winds will shift to moderate to strong westerlies behind the cold
front on Tuesday.
An approaching low over the Gulf of Alaska will bring strong to gale
force southerlies to Bowie late Tuesday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: