Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 10:30 AM PST 06 February 2016
Today Tonight and Sunday
Wind light increasing to southeast 10 to 15 knots this afternoon and to southeast 15 to 20 early this evening. Wind diminishing to southeast 10 to 15 late overnight and to light Sunday evening.
Periods of rain beginning early Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 6 February 2016 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 5:00 a.m. PST Sunday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:24 AM PST 6 February 2016 A frontal system will approach the offshore waters this afternoon.
The system will move eastward to Bowie by Sunday morning and will
reach the North Coast by Sunday afternoon. Ahead of the front, gale
to storm force southeasterly winds will prevail over northern and
central waters later today through Sunday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: