Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 26 June 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots becoming northwest 15 to 25 this afternoon then becoming northwest 15 early Tuesday morning. Wind diminishing to light late Tuesday morning then increasing to northwest 15 to 20 Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Strait of Georgia - north of NanaimoIssued 10:30 AM PDT 26 June 2017
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 26 June 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today trough located over BC interior.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today departing trough located over eastern
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today building ridge located over the offshore
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday ridge located on a line north-south
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:27 AM PDT 26 June 2017 A trough of low pressure over the BC Interior will move eastward
today while a ridge of high pressure builds over the offshore waters.
Gale force northwest winds off Central Vancouver Island will
Prevail through Tuesday. Gale force westerlies over Juan de Fuca
strait and Johnstone Strait has eased this morning but will
Redevelop this afternoon. Elsewhere, northwest winds will increase
today as the ridge builds.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: