Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 29 March 2015
Tonight and Monday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 20 knots increasing to southeast 20 to 30 late overnight then diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 Monday evening.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Strait of Georgia - north of NanaimoIssued 04:00 AM PDT 30 March 2015
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 30 March 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today low 997 mb located over northwestern
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today low 996 mb located near the Alaska panhandle.
At noon PDT Tuesday trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:52 AM PDT 30 March 2015 A low pressure system over Northwestern Explorer this morning will
track northeastward to the Alaska Panhandle this afternoon. Ahead of
the low gale force southerly winds will continue through the day over
most central and northern waters. Gale to storm force southeast winds
are expected near the headlands of West Coast Vancouver Island North
this morning. Winds will shift to strong to gale force westerlies in
A trough of low pressure will approach the offshore waters near
midday Tuesday. Behind the trough strong to gale force westerly or
northwesterly winds will develop over northern offshore waters.
Meanwhile, strong to gale force westerly winds will prevail through
Central and Eastern Juan de Fuca Strait tonight and Tuesday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: