Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 04:00 AM PST 20 November 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots diminishing to southeast 10 to 15 early this morning then becoming northwest 5 to 15 late this morning. Wind becoming light late this afternoon then increasing to southeast 10 to 20 late this evening. Wind becoming southeast 15 to 25 Tuesday morning.
A few showers ending early this afternoon. Rain beginning Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 20 November 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 10:00 p.m. PST tonight weakening frontal system located on a
line northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
At 10:00 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located southwest of
By 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday frontal system located on a line east-west
over southern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 AM PST 20 November 2017 A frontal system will approach Bowie this morning and cross the
North coastal waters today, weakening as it crosses Haida Gwaii
tonight. A second frontal system approaching Explorer from the
southwest will move to lie over Southern Bowie by Tuesday afternoon.
Gale force southerly winds will spread to northern waters today
Ahead of the first frontal system, and will ease through Tuesday
Gale to storm force southeasterly winds will spread to southern
offshore waters Tuesday morning and will spread to central and
northern waters Tuesday afternoon. Winds will ease behind the
Frontal system Tuesday night.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: