Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 29 August 2015
Tonight and Sunday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 late Sunday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Strait of Georgia - north of NanaimoIssued 9:30 PM PDT 29 August 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 29 August 2015 Tonight and Sunday At 6:00 a.m. PDT Sunday trough located on a line north-south
By 6:00 p.m. PDT Sunday trough located on a line north-south over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:38 PM PDT 29 August 2015 A trough of low pressure will move towards the BC coast on Sunday
reaching Cape Scott late in the afternoon.
Strong to gale force southeasterlies to 45 knots are expected
Ahead of the trough on Sunday over most BC coastal waters.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: