Queen Charlotte Strait
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 31 July 2015
Today Tonight and Saturday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 10 to 20 knots diminishing to light early this morning then increasing to northwest 15 to 25 this afternoon. Wind diminishing to light overnight then increasing to northwest 15 to 20 Saturday afternoon.
Chance of showers overnight and Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte StraitIssued 04:00 AM PDT 31 July 2015
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 31 July 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening frontal system located over the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:01 AM PDT 31 July 2015 A ridge of high pressure will strengthen along the South Coast today
with a push through Johnstone Strait giving northwest gales tonight
and a similar rise to westerly gales in Juan de Fuca Strait Saturday
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: