Queen Charlotte Strait
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 30 April 2016
Today Tonight and Sunday
Wind southeast 5 to 15 knots becoming light this afternoon then becoming southeast 5 to 15 Sunday morning. Wind becoming northwest 5 to 15 Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 30 April 2016 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today weakening ridge located on a line
north-south over northern Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight weakening frontal system located on a
line northeast-southwest over northwestern Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:25 AM PDT 30 April 2016 A weakening ridge of high pressure will remain stalled in a north to
south line over Northern Vancouver Island through Sunday. Meanwhile,
a frontal system over the northern offshore waters will reach Langara
this afternoon, then will stall and weaken along a northeast to
southwest line over Northwestern Haida Gwaii tonight. Gale to storm
force southeast winds will precede the front over the far north
today. Winds will ease tonight as the front weakens but southeast
gales will persist through Sunday over Northern Hecate Strait and the
eastern portions of Dixon Entrance.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: