Queen Charlotte Strait
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 28 April 2016
Tonight and Friday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southeast 5 to 15 knots becoming northwest 5 to 15 late this evening then increasing to northwest 15 to 25 Friday morning.
Rain ending late this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte StraitIssued 9:30 PM PDT 28 April 2016
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 28 April 2016 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight dissipating cold front located on a line
north-south over northern Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight building ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT Friday weakening ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT Friday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:26 PM PDT 28 April 2016 A ridge will build over Explorer overnight through Friday. Strong to
gale force west to northwest winds will develop over southern waters
tonight and Friday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: