Queen Charlotte Strait
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 23 August 2017
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwest 10 to 20 knots diminishing to light late overnight. Wind light Thursday.
Chance of showers tonight and Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 23 August 2017 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight weakening low 1007 mb located over
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Thursday dissipating low 1011 mb located over
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over northern Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located over the Gulf
By 9:30 p.m. PDT Thursday frontal system located on a line
north-south over eastern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:33 PM PDT 23 August 2017 Strong to gale force westerly winds in Juan de Fuca Strait this
evening will continue overnight. Winds will ease to moderate
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: