Queen Charlotte Strait
Issued 10:30 AM PST 16 January 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 45 to 55 knots diminishing to southeast 35 to 45 late this evening and to southeast 25 to 35 Tuesday evening.
Rain changing to rain at times heavy late overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte StraitIssued 10:30 AM PST 16 January 2017
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 16 January 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of Vancouver
By 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located over the Central
At 10:30 a.m. PST today low located over the Gulf of Alaska.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today weakening low located near the Gulf of
At 4:00 p.m. PST today deepening low 986 mb located west of the
By 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday low 982 mb located over western Queen
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:24 AM PST 16 January 2017 A frontal system west of Vancouver Island this morning will move
eastward and reach the Central Coast this afternoon bringing gale to
storm force southeasterly winds over the west coast of Vancouver
Island and over the central and northern waters today. Storm to
hurricane force southeasterly winds are expected near the headlands
of West Coast Vancouver Island North today.
The winds will ease slightly this evening and then increase to gale
to storm force southeasterly overnight and Tuesday as a low pressure
centre approaches Queen Charlotte Sound.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: