Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 28 January 2015
Today Tonight and Thursday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots becoming southeast 25 to 35 early this afternoon then becoming southeast 20 to 30 Thursday morning.
Chance of showers beginning near noon changing to rain near midnight.
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte Sound - western halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 28 January 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 28 January 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PST today weakening ridge located on a line north-south
over northern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located over western Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday frontal system located on a line
north-south over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:56 AM PST 28 January 2015 Strong to gale force southeasterly winds have developed across Bowie
and west coast Haida Gwaii in advance of a slow moving frontal system
approaching from the southwest. These winds will eventually spread to
the northern coastal waters this morning. The front is forecast to
rapidly weaken over Hecate Strait Thursday morning with winds
dropping below gale force.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: