Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 30 March 2015
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southwest 40 to 50 knots diminishing to westerly 25 this afternoon and to westerly 15 to 20 near midnight.
A few showers with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte Sound - western halfIssued 10:30 AM PDT 30 March 2015
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 30 March 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low 994 mb located over Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today low 996 mb located near the Alaska panhandle.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT Tuesday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:08 AM PDT 30 March 2015 A low pressure system over Haida Gwaii this morning will track
northward to the Alaska Panhandle this afternoon. Ahead of the low
gale force southerly winds will continue through the day over most
northern waters. Winds will shift to gale to storm force westerlies
in the wake of low.
A trough of low pressure will approach the offshore waters Tuesday
morning. Behind the trough, strong to gale force westerly or
northwesterly winds will develop over the northern offshore waters.
Meanwhile, strong to gale force westerly winds will prevail through
Juan de Fuca Strait tonight and Tuesday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: