Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 27 January 2015
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 20 to 30 knots diminishing to westerly 5 to 15 late this morning then becoming southeast 10 to 20 this evening. Wind increasing to southeast 20 to 30 Wednesday morning then becoming southeast 25 to 35 near noon Wednesday.
Chance of showers Wednesday afternoon and evening.
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte Sound - western halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 27 January 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 27 January 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today building ridge located over the offshore
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
northern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Wednesday frontal system located west of Haida
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 AM PST 27 January 2015 Winds will become strong to gale force southeasterly over Bowie
This evening as a frontal system approaches from the west. The system
will slowly Progress towards the northern waters and eventually
spread southerly gales to the region Wednesday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: