Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 27 August 2016
Today Tonight and Sunday
Wind northwest 15 to 25 knots diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 late this afternoon then backing to southwest 15 this evening. Wind increasing to southeast 25 late overnight then veering to southwest 10 to 20 Sunday morning. Wind backing to south 25 Sunday afternoon.
Periods of rain beginning after midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 27 August 2016 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today weakening ridge located west of the offshore
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today low located over the Gulf of Alaska.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday low located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:00 AM PDT 27 August 2016 A ridge of high pressure west of the offshore waters will gradually
weaken today. Strong to gale force northwesterly winds over most
waters will ease.
Later today, a low pressure system will slowly move into Bowie and
remain there through Sunday. An associated front will move onto
The central BC coast Sunday morning. Ahead of the front, strong to
gale force southeasterlies will develop and then shift to moderate to
strong southwesterlies in its wake.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: